Watch Greg Run began as an online journal of my effort to run a marathon each month during 2009. With the marathon a month challenge successfully behind me, I'm still running and still posting with notes on training runs, travel and other thoughts.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

More From Tampa

As noted in my previous post, I am writing from Tampa where I will run in the Gasparilla Marathon on Sunday, March 1.


Tomorrow will be a challenge for a few reasons (beyond the fact that I'm going to be running 26.2 miles). First, it has only been two weeks since completing the Mercedes Marathon in February. Back in 2005, I tried this "two weeks between marathons" idea...and it produced a five hour, twenty-five minute experience in Atlanta on Thanksgiving Day. Second, as of this moment, the weather is predicted to include a chance of storms along with wind of 20 to 30 miles an hour. The wind will be blowing out of the west, which is the direction (as best I can tell from the maps) we will be running from mile 12 to mile 20. That should be fun.


Originally, the March marathon was going to be run in Little Rock, Arkansas. The only problem with that plan is I will be in Little Rock on March 8, and the Little Rock Marathon will be held on March 15. Since my March schedule is up in the air due to "March Madness," I had a last minute opportunity to travel to Tampa for tomorrow's run.


If all goes well, I plan on posting before I head to the airport following the run...at least that's the plan.

Oh, and thanks to Cathy for letting me pursue this crazy idea!!! (That's us in the picture after the February 15 Mercedes Marathon)

No comments:

Post a Comment