Watch Greg Run began as an online journal of my effort to run a marathon each month during 2009. With the marathon a month challenge successfully behind me, I'm still running and still posting with notes on training runs, travel and other thoughts.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Marathon States So Far

In my March 1 post I noted Florida was the 13th state in which I had completed a marathon.

Since I'm sure that note caused each of my handful of readers to wonder "what are the other 12 states," below is the list that should satisfy this part of your curiosity.
  • November 1988--Virginia (Marine Corps Marathon)
  • June 2005--California (San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon)
  • September 2005--Mississippi (Tupelo Marathon)
  • November 2005--Georgia (Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon)
  • February 2006--Alabama (Mercedes Marathon)
  • March 2006--Hawaii (Big Island International Marathon)
  • April 2006--Tennessee (Nashville Country Music Marathon)
  • September 2006--New York (Rochester Marathon)
  • May 2007--Colorado (Denver Colfax Marathon)
  • June 2007--West Virginia (Hatfield and McCoy Marathon)
  • April 2008--Massachusetts (Boston Marathon)
  • June 2008--Minnesota (Duluth Grandma's Marathon)
  • March 2009--Florida (Tampa Gasparilla Marathon)

If you closely examine the list, you will notice the 17 year gap between the first marathon listed (1988) and the second marathon listed (2005).

No comments:

Post a Comment