Watch Greg Run began as an online journal of my effort to run a marathon each month during 2009. With the marathon a month challenge successfully behind me, I'm still running and still posting with notes on training runs, travel and other thoughts.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Park City Play-by-Play

Following is a chronology of my activity around the Park City Marathon.

Friday, August 21

5:25 p.m. Scheduled departure time for flight from Orlando to Salt Lake City

6:15 p.m. Actual departure time

8:47 p.m. (Mountain Time) Plane lands in Salt Lake City (great sunset on my side of the plane)

9:15 p.m. In rental car leaving airport

10:00 p.m. Arrive at hotel in Park City, check in, eat pizza

11:00 p.m. Lights out

Saturday, August 22

4:48 a.m. Wake up on my own

5:00 a.m. Alarm goes off, walk to pick up race number

5:30 a.m. Eat light breakfast

6:25 a.m. Leave hotel room for start line (good news is hotel is 10 yards from the start line)

6:28 a.m. Arrive at start line (almost late because I was creating a playlist on my ipod)

6:30 a.m. Park City Marathon official start time

11:18 a.m. Finish--Temperature is 82 degrees

11:48 a.m. Buy myself a Coke from a vending machine. It was the best tasting Coca-Cola I have ever consumed!

11: 52 a.m. Update chronology on blog

11:55 a.m. Step carefully in to an ice bath

12:05 p.m. Done with that. Clean up head to lunch. Walk Park City during the afternoon.

Sunday, August 23

12:05 a.m. Delta flight from Salt Lake City to Atlanta

8:30 a.m. Delta flight from Atlanta to Birmingham

8:30 a.m. (Central) Arrive in Birmingham

That was my weekend!

1 comment: