Watch Greg Run began as an online journal of my effort to run a marathon each month during 2009. With the marathon a month challenge successfully behind me, I'm still running and still posting with notes on training runs, travel and other thoughts.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday's Plan

My Halloween will be spent traveling, checking in at the hotel, checking in at the race expo, deciding whether or not to spend the afternoon taking in a Broadway show (sounds classy, but I'm going to see Shrek if I go at all), eating, resting, watching the Yankees, setting my clock back on hour, and getting a good night's rest.

Here's how the day should break down:

5:30 a.m. Alarm goes off in my room at the Atlanta Airport Renaissance Hotel

7:40 a.m. Delta Flight 1770 from Atlanta to LaGuardia

8:15 a.m. See re-run of The Office episode I saw on two other flights this week

10:40 a.m. Land at LaGuardia

11:00 a.m. Check in at LaGuardia Marriott

11:30 a.m. Take a taxi to the Jacob Javits Convention Center to register and visit the expo

Noon Register and visit the Marathon Expo

"Noon oh one" Buy souvenir t-shirts

Afternoon Hangout, relax, enjoy New York, watch SEC football

5 p.m. Back at Marriott (maybe) for dinner, watch more SEC football

6 p.m. Watch more SEC football

7 p.m. Pack bag for race morning

8 p.m. Switch back and forth between SEC football and the Yankees game

9 p.m. Lights out

9:01 p.m. Turn lights on and double check that I have set clocks back an hour

9:02 p.m. Lights out

9:03 p.m. Call front desk and ask for a wake up call due to paranoia alarms won't be correct

9:04 p.m. Lights out

I'm already ahead of schedule thanks to "GoGo Wireless" on Delta, which was free thanks to a "Go Pink" promotion in honor of Cancer Awareness Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment