Watch Greg Run began as an online journal of my effort to run a marathon each month during 2009. With the marathon a month challenge successfully behind me, I'm still running and still posting with notes on training runs, travel and other thoughts.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm Going to Disney World!!!

Had a news reporter been positioned just past the finish line of the White Rock Marathon, and had that reporter asked me, "Greg, now that you've run a marathon a month for a year, what's next?"

If that would have happened, I could have answered, "I'm going to Disney World!!!"

There was, however, no reporter interested in my story...which is why I have a blog.

The full story begins back in August when, during a moment of inspiration, I entered something called "Goofy's Challenge," which is conducted during marathon weekend at Walt Disney World. As a result, I'll be heading to Disney World for my next running adventure.

Below is an excerpt from the race website describing what is officially known as Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge:

Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge

Saturday, January 9, 2010 and Sunday, January 10, 2010


Celebrate the 5th anniversary of Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge with 7500 of your closest friends!

Are you looking for the ultimate test of endurance?

Then compete in Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge where you will run the Half Marathon on Saturday and then the Marathon on Sunday. If you finish both races in the time limit you will be awarded the coveted Goofy medal.


2010 is gonna be a great year for racing, cause the whole gang will be celebrating the 5th anniversary of Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge.It will be a momentous occasion of, well uh...Goofy proportions. Plan now to take the challenge and be part of a weekend you're never gonna forget!

So, I read that description and could not resist the challenge.

I'll be updating the blog with information as the race nears, but if you read this post and want to follow my progress through 39.3 miles on January 9 and 10, 2010, below are instructions on how to sign up for runner tracking reports during both the half-marathon and marathon.

Runner Tracking

Family and friends will be able to track participants with live online runner tracking for the half marathon and the full marathon. Participants will have the opportunity to send split times via email, text messaging, and PDAs by registering for this service on the website. Enter last name or first name in the search box to find your runner. (Note: click on the "find your runner" link, follow the instructions and enter Last name: Sankey; First name: Greg)

I'm entered in both the half-marathon and marathon, so you'll need to register to receive updates from both races.


And Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment