Watch Greg Run began as an online journal of my effort to run a marathon each month during 2009. With the marathon a month challenge successfully behind me, I'm still running and still posting with notes on training runs, travel and other thoughts.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

'Twas The Night Before White Rock

And I just realized there are no safety pins in my runner's bag, so I have nothing to secure my race number to my shirt.

Ah, and to complicate it all the more, I do not have the usual race instructions that tell you go here, drop stuff off here, port-a-johns there, etc.

Ironically, after running 12 marathons this year, number 13 has me without the information that helps me rest well the night prior to the race.

On the bright side, this morning started with a driving tour of the race course. While I know Dallas pretty well, it is always helpful to see exactly where I will be running.

I also shared dinner with a couple of running friends. The company of Gene Wilkes and David Chisum made my usual pre-race meal of salmon and pasta all the more enjoyable.

So, with visions of a 4 hour run dancing in my head, I'll bid you all a restful Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment