Watch Greg Run began as an online journal of my effort to run a marathon each month during 2009. With the marathon a month challenge successfully behind me, I'm still running and still posting with notes on training runs, travel and other thoughts.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Follow Me in Boston


Below you will find instructions on how you can follow me via text messages or email during Monday's Boston Marathon.

The key piece of information you will need is my bib number, which will be 23849.

Also, on Monday I will begin updating my blog between 5 and 6 in the morning. I did this last year, and ended up with a pretty interesting (at least for me) journal of my day preparing for, participating in, and celebrating completion of the Boston Marathon. If you visit WatchGregRun on Monday, you will end up reading about my journey to the start line, what I do to keep myself warm and occupied while waiting in the Runner's Village, some pictures beginning in Hopkinton and finishing on Boylson Street in Boston, and notes on what is happening through the day.
Back to signing up for the text and/or email updates...

There are three different ways to sign up for the AT&T Athlete Alert program and the instructions are below:

TEXT - Simply text the word RUNNER to 31901 using your US mobile phone. You will then receive an sms text response with instructions on how to submit a runner’s bib number. (Message and data rates may apply. You will be opted in to receive four messages during the race. Send STOP to quit. Available on participating carriers AT&T, Alltel, Boost, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon, and Virgin.)

EMAIL - Continue to the registration page for the AT&T Athlete Alert program on the race website. Sign-up using your mobile phone number for SMS text message updates, or by entering an email address for email updates.

I took the shortcut and just copied and pasted most of what is presented on the Boston Athletic Association's website. To register via email, you can go directly from Watch Greg Run to the AT&T Athlete Alert page on the Boston Athletic Association's website below for all the needed information.

If you register a mobile phone online, you will receive a message asking you to confirm your intention to receive updates from the 2010 Boston Marathon AT&T Athlete Alert Program. Once you’ve completed registration for AT&T Athlete Alert, you will receive text updates courtesy of AT&T and the Boston Marathon when your runner has crossed the following points on the course:

Starting line
10K
Half-Marathon
30K
Finish

Registration through the BAA website will close on race day, April 19th, at 6:00am. However, AT&T is pleased to announce that registration via mobile phone text messaging (for US mobile phones only) will remain open during the marathon.


3 comments:

  1. All signed up and ready to go! Hope womack doesn't charge me for the text messages!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's all part of the deal...added value...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ready Greg...
    Riley

    ReplyDelete