Watch Greg Run began as an online journal of my effort to run a marathon each month during 2009. With the marathon a month challenge successfully behind me, I'm still running and still posting with notes on training runs, travel and other thoughts.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Night Before Boston


If you are interested in following my progress through the day, but have not signed up for the AT&T Athlete Alert (see the earlier posts), you can visit http://www.baa.org/ and enter bib number 23849...or...the plan is to provide some posts for blog readers during the day on Monday.

When runners fill the rooms the night prior to a marathon, what is likely a busy hotel becomes incredibly quiet around 9 p.m. Such is the case this evening. It's shortly after 9 and the primary sound is from buckets of ice being filled at the ice machine near the end of the hall.

Registration at the Expo early in the morning, church at Reunion Christian Church, spaghetti lunch at an Italian restaurant in Boston's North End, a visit to Whole Foods for supplies, and a subway ride back to the hotel...that was my day prior to Patriot's Day in Massachusetts.

Based on my chronology from 2009, I'll wake up around 5:30 Monday morning. All my gear is packed, so the plan is to shower, brush my teeth and head out for the day. I expect to cross the start line at around 10:45 a.m., with a goal of finishing around four hours later.

Boston is the oldest marathon run in the United States. I am privileged to be joining in the 114th edition, and it is my hope to run well.

No comments:

Post a Comment